Wednesday, July 3, 2024

I am retired!

 As of July 1st, I am officially retired - I have sold Coat D'arms Paints to Battlezone Miniatures and will be closing down Black Hat Miniatures.  After 20 years in the wargames industry it seems quite a big step but I decided it was finally time to stop and enjoy life.

Now I have sold Black Hat Miniatures and retired I am starting to sort out my Games Room and attached hobby room.
 
Main room is 21' x 11' and I could (just) fit a 12' x 5' table but will normally not go over 8' x 5'. A 6' x 4' table is shown here.
 
Also has some of my 54mm collection in display cabinets, wargaming books and a load of boardgames.
We had a band rehearsal in the room last night, hence all the instruments and speakers.
 
The attached hobby room is 12' x 10' and I have now managed to bring all my figures and scenery into one place. There is also a large laser cutter.
 
The Bureau is my painting table and the foldable table in the middle is setup to finish off some basing for a friend.
 
Still lots to sort out - the top shelf on 2 units contains everything that is up for sale or will be shortly... And I have a bunch of unpainted stuff to come out of the loft and get sorted.



But getting there!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the ranks of the retired! No doubt you’ll soon discover that your days will soon be so full that you’ll wonder how you ever had time to work.

    You’ve got a great wargaming space to work with and I’m sure that with a little bit of tidying up and rationalisation you’ll soon have an enviable wargame room.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. I need to go through all the materials I have gathered for scenery, etc and rationalise some of those, plus clear out the big pile of items that are either already on ebay or need to be quite soon.

      I am painfully aware that some armies that are in drawers in unpainted form will soon occupy a lot more space as painted and based units!

      Delete