Tuesday, July 9, 2024

The Great River Race

 I played a game a couple of weeks ago against my regular opponent Anthony using my 40mm AWI collection and the Osprey Rebels and Patriots Rules.

We played the Great River Race scenario where one side is attempting to get 3 rafts of supplies down a river while the other side tries to stop them.

I quickly scratch built 3 rafts from balsa wood and dowel and setup the table using a naval mat with my hex terrain on top of it to create a 12" wide river.

We got a few things wrong with the rules initially and the river layout wasn't quite right, but we had a fun game that ended in a draw with one raft sunk, one raft captured and one raft escaped.

Definitely a scenario I will replay (I've got 3 rafts now!).










4 comments:

  1. That's a rather lovely table set-up and figures, and a nice scenario idea, very suitable to the period setting. All rather reminds me of classic 'old-school' games a la Grant, Featherstone et al. A great start to your retirement gaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnanks - the Rebels and Patriots scenarios are well designed and small enough for an evening game.

    I need to expand on the hex scenery boards - lots more "under" hills to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It is a standard Rebels and Patriots scenario, so I can't claim any credit for the design. it does work well.

      Delete