I might have bought a "few" 54mm Napoleonic Russians...
The 100 or so at the back were given to me for free from an old customer a while back.
They need rebasing into units of 12 and I need to do some touching up and some repaints.
The 100 or so at the back were given to me for free from an old customer a while back.
They need rebasing into units of 12 and I need to do some touching up and some repaints.
I am experimenting with printing a cannon scaled up to 54mm at the moment and will be playing with some officers/drummers/standard bears 3d printed as well to see how well they print.
This gives me 22 foot units, which means I might "need" more French and allies
I also need more cavalry - so I'm looking at 3d prints, printing just the rider and using existing spare horses or converting some figures -

Impressive recruiting and the cannon looks great, turned out well.
ReplyDeleteThanks - I have printed a 6pdr as well
DeleteYes, just a nice group to own and great that 3d printing can deal with the reinforcements! 😀 oddly, I was only thinking today what 3D printing could do for the old Britons range.
ReplyDeleteHi Norm, still playing with settings - tried a cavalryman yesterday which had some problems but the infantry are now printing okay.
DeleteI am wondering about adding Austrians so I can do Leipzig as well as 1812…
Lots of glorious 54s! In the first photo the gun looked huge, but I see from the second that it was merely the perspective and it is perfect (of course, silly of me to doubt, hey?!).
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
The gun is probably a little undersize looking at pictures of the wheel size, but it fits on a 120 x 80 base which is going to be my standard for artillery. It is a 12pdr after all!
ReplyDelete