I haven't managed much gaming over the past few weeks for various reasons (including 2.5 weeks away in Norfolk and Suffolk) but did get in 6 games this week!
I played a Seven Years War game using Honours of War on Wednesday
Morning with my regular opponent Anthony. Prussians vs Austrians which
we called after a couple of hours as Anthony had to go and the Austrians
were halfway to Prussian breakpoint with no losses themselves.
I then had a friend (Ian Marsh of Fighting15s) staying a couple of
days and we played the same game in the evening before and then after
dinner. it was a close game with each side needing 6 kills to cause the
other army to break. The final score was Austrians 8 units lost (3 of
those on the final turn) to the Prussians 5 units lost (but i just
failed to break a final Prussian unit for a draw).
On Thursday Ian and I also played a Travelbattle 54mm game
(slightly marred by Ian's inability to roll anything but a 1 or a 2), a
game of General Orders: WW2 from Osprey and two games of Azul all whilst
hiding from the heat.
Not quite sitting in a dark room playing D&D like we used to when we were at school together but close!
Nice looking game, and you certainly got a good few in, the travel battle with 54mm figures is an intriguing one,
ReplyDeleteThanks Donnie - I have played Travelbattle a few times with 54mm figures - if you look at the labels to the right there is one for Travelbattle which will show you the other posts on it.
DeleteChecked them out Mike and they look great, super idea playing it with bigger scale figures, your set up looks the business.
DeleteThats a busy few days of gaming Mike!
ReplyDeleteIt was - we'd have gone out and done a few things with games in the evening if it hadn't been so hot!
DeleteNothing then six; famine to feast! The Seven Years' War game looks excellent.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thanks James - and I am playing Honours of War on Monday as well - French vs British this time at the Guildford Club.
DeleteSix games in a week is a high bar with which to compete! Are you playing HoW on hexes?
ReplyDeleteHi Jonathan,
DeleteI'm not using the hexes for the game - they are a way of arranging scenery so I can create rolling hills with separate contour lines. Heavily inspired by a picture in Battle Magazine I saw when I was 13!
Sounds lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks Alan - it was
Deletefamine / feast, but at least the bounce back was quality gaming in good company. I smiled at the 8mm 'travelbattle' in 54mm - no doubt a gorgeous implementation, did you swap out squares for hexes?
ReplyDeleteHi Norm,
DeleteNo I used a square mat with 4" squares for Travelbattle. The 54mm wouldn't fit in a small box but it doesn't need that many troops so would be pretty portable.