Tuesday, August 2, 2022

The Start of a New Blog

 I ran my previous blog - Little Wars Revisited for 12 years, starting in 2010, and documented my exploration of the world of 54mm wargaming and Toy Soldiers.  This lead me to create the Little Wars Revisited Forum for 54mm wargaming and this is mostly where I document 54mm games.

With the sale of my Toy Soldier business and the reduction in business to just Black Hat Miniatures and Coat D'arms paints I decided to drop my rather expensive hosting package that also hosted a number of friends' emails, etc.  The Little Wars Revisited blog went with it.

I was starting to feel slightly restricted by it as I game in a lot of scales other than 54mm and have decided to create a new blog to post some thoughts and a general track of my progress on various projects.

This is as much for me as anyone who is reading (which at this time is currently no one!).

For the first few posts I will detail the various collections and projects I am working on, how far advanced they are, which rules I use (or plan to use) and why and what the plan is for them.  As I have around 25 collections for various periods and scales this could take some time!

The collections currently are (in no particular order):

15mm Pony Wars
18mm Martian Empires
20mm ACW
20mm Sudan
20mm WW2
28mm Romans and Celts
28mm Dark Ages
28mm Wars of the Roses
28mm FPW
25mm Lord of the Rings
40mm AWI
54mm Napoleonics
54mm North West Frontier
54mm Punic Wars (for Command and Colours)
Federation Commander Star Trek ships
1/1800 WW2 Naval
25mm Fantasy Dungeoncrawl
25mm Three Musketeers
25mm Gangsters (and 4' x 4' cork city!)
25mm Gladiators
Ogre Miniatures SF
25mm Superhero (mostly Heroclix with Batman the Miniatures Game as well)
Bloodbowl
Gaslands cars and scenery
54mm SF for Galactic Heroes games

and I am sure I have forgotten something....






7 comments:

  1. I am also collecting 20mm figures for the Sudan. Curios what figures you are using? Mine are a combination of Jacklex, HaT plastics and some old Scruby 25s. I'd love to see some photos of your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick

    I am using a lot of Hat plastics for the tribesmen and some of the British. The majority of the British are Newline Designs 20mm in metal.

    I have only just started working on these so have some Ansar and British painted but not much so far - the problem of having three collections I am building at the same time and flitting between.

    I am looking at using the Sands of the Sudan rules which are based on the Peter Guilder ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own the Sands of the Sudan. I played it once at a friend's house and immediately bought the rules. The only drawback is that need a LOT of Dervish miniatures. I am starting out using The Sword and the Flame or The Men Who Would Be Kings that require fewer figures.

      Delete
    2. I am using the Peter Guilder method of putting fewer figures on a base but still counting them as 10. But you are right it does need a lot of figures for a full game.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mike good to see you jumped in :-) I note blogger still has its problems, so even though I hit your FOLLOW button and show in your listings, to have you revealed on my blog list at my own site, i had to go into setting / layout and edit the blog list and manually add you and also then had to add the extension ‘ feeds/posts/default’ onto your link address - Don’t know why the follow button doesn’t automate everything like it used to. Perhaps it is just an iPad thing … which is what I use.

    Anyway, that is a very varied collection - nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else mentioned that to me. I managed to add your blog without a problem but did it manually

      Delete
  4. Welcome back (I guess it is) to the blogoshphere. Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete