Monday, August 3, 2026

The Sound of the Guns (printing)...

 


Working on Artillery at the moment.

Having 3d printed some Russian Guns for the new 54mm Russians I have moved on to:

1) Rebasing all my existing British artillery onto smaller bases
2) Rebasing the French Guard Artillery
3) Printing guns for French Line artillery and starting to paint some crew
4) Printing guns and crew for French Horse Artillery
5) Just bought and download some Prussian Foot artillery and crew and the first file for those is currently printing...

That should cover just about all the artillery until I start on the Austrians.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan - 3d printing guns has opened up whole new possibilities for the 54mm collection

      Delete
  2. I can see that 54mm is where the advantages of having 3D capability really shines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - it lets me print things that aren't available or which would require hours of converting

      Delete
  3. Splendid collection of guns, they should look good on the wargaming table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan - I have decided to repaint some of the guns and tidy them up as the previous owner painted all the barrels of all nations black (I suspect for speed) rather than brass and didn't bother painting the metalwork. An easy fix which I think will improve the look.

      Delete