They look great! Could you please share your settings, as I've discovered that some figures can be challenging to FDM print. I'd love to see 'WiP photos' of the prosess.
These were printed on a Bambu A1 using Bambu Matte Ash Grey PLA
They are scaled at 192% as they are originally 28mm. I rotate the figures backwards about 30 degrees to get the best angle for printing. Supports are enabled on the build plate only. They are printed with a 0.4 nozzle and with a layer height of 0.16 (on the Bambu 0.16mm Fine Quality setting).
I don't change any of the other default settings.
I have considered using a 0.2 nozzle but they come out looking pretty good and take just over an hour to print each figure.
Very nice work on these Russian command figures.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jonathan - they were painted quite simply in Toy Soldier style and then glossed and came out better than I expected.
DeleteNice looking figures and very well finished too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Donnie
DeleteThey look great! Could you please share your settings, as I've discovered that some figures can be challenging to FDM print. I'd love to see 'WiP photos' of the prosess.
ReplyDeleteThese were printed on a Bambu A1 using Bambu Matte Ash Grey PLA
ReplyDeleteThey are scaled at 192% as they are originally 28mm.
I rotate the figures backwards about 30 degrees to get the best angle for printing.
Supports are enabled on the build plate only.
They are printed with a 0.4 nozzle and with a layer height of 0.16 (on the Bambu 0.16mm Fine Quality setting).
I don't change any of the other default settings.
I have considered using a 0.2 nozzle but they come out looking pretty good and take just over an hour to print each figure.
Thank you. What kind of support? Tree style - slim?
DeleteI got a A1 as well
I always use tree supports - they seem easier to remove
DeleteCan't see any roughness in these lovely painted versions.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James