Thursday, July 25, 2024

Another Epic Swedish Unit

 

 


Finished off another infantry sprue for another swedish 30YW Epic unit - yellow regiment this time.  Quick picture showing the result, need varnishing and flags adding.

I picked up another Push the Pike box cheaply off someone who was selling it with some extras for a pretty good price.

So, I now only have 29 more infantry units to paint, 9 cavalry sprues to finish and 3 scots units (probably in Swedish service) and everything will be done.

Planning on trying painting a cavalry sprue next and then I'll switch to painting some Imperial units.

2 comments:

  1. They look good, and only(!) 29 more infantry units to go...😀
    I am slightly puzzled - do the Warlord Epic sets/rules actually specify that muskets deploy in fewer ranks than pikes? I keep seeing that in pictures of these figures, but I'm not sure that was how they deployed in real life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    The layout of pike and shot is something that probably dates back to George Gush rules and probably isn't the way they would have formed up in real life. The look is based on Streeter's map of Naseby which shows deeper pike blocks.

    I was looking at doing 30YW in 28mm and had gone down the rabbit hole of working out swedish brigade formations and how the tercios (might) have worked, etc.

    With Epic figures I decided just to go with the units as they come. They aren't divisible, so the muskets never leave the shot, so you treat the units as a whole and just change the stats to represent different abilities.

    When you want to refight Lutzen, etc I think this is the only way to go.



    ReplyDelete