Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Snake Rail Fencing

 


As I am getting close to having enough 40mm AWI painted for a game, I decided it was time I started on some scenery.  I need a fair amount of snake-rail fencing to give the battlefield that "american" look and so bought a few packs of wooden dowels from Amazon and set to work on designing some fences.

The above is my first test piece shown with a 40mm Continental.

After that, I cracked on and have finished just under 12 feet of fencing.



Now (once it stops raining) I need to prime, paint and then finish the bases.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive, having made some last year, I know how much effort goes into these, but I think it is worth doing as many as possible in one go, so they all have the same colour / shade and application of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norm - you are right - it is the kind of thing you need to make all at once for consistency. You sort of get into a rhythm as well.

    ReplyDelete