Thursday, January 25, 2024

54mm Napoleonics with Blucher Rules

 

Tried out the Blucher Napoleonic Rules with my 54mm collection (well, part of it) on a 6' x 4' tables using 3" Base Widths.

I have played Blucher a fair amount at the Guildford Club and it usually gives a good game in 2-3 hours and you get a result.

I took the French, Anthony had the allied British force (as usual!).  Our cavalry corps faced off against each other and we both chose to put the stonger infantry corps in the centre.

The French had 1 extra gun and the British 1 extra infantry units (around 200 points a side).

My right flank took some heavy casualties but I rolled some great melee dice and eventually won the cavalry melee, completely destroying the British cavalry.  With one British unit destroyed in the centre, that broke the British moral and they conceded.

My artillery and fire dice were terrible all evening but I was save by being able to retire damaged units in the centre and Anthony not following up after them.

Some pictures of the action:










5 comments:

  1. This is all rather splendid. Lovely 'Toy Soldier' style but with a modern ruleset - nice combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No reason you can’t use shiny toys with shiny new rules! This was a test to see if small 54mm units would look ok on the table and work with blucher and I think it passed the test.

      Delete
  2. Very successful and oozing with charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Norm - it has enthused Anthony to consider collecting 54mm Napoleonics (again!)

    ReplyDelete