Friday, December 30, 2022

 

Next off the painting table are 24 x 54mm Velites made by HAT.

These are the first figures ready for my Command and Colours Ancients project.  The idea is to use a 5" hex mat and replace each block with a 54mm figure.  I have been collecting the figures for this for a while but was stuck for a year or so as I couldn't get all the figures I needed.

Then Rupert from Drum and Flag (excellent service if you are looking for plastic figures, by the way) sold off a lot of his collection of 54mm and I was able to pick up things like the HAT Slingers that were a limited metal release as well as elephants and some of the missing cavalry.

Now these are done I will probably work through rebasing some of the painted figure next before starting on more Roman Infantry.


4 comments:

  1. Nicely done and good to drop on the part of the collection being sold. The 5” hex table is going to look impressive with those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been a long term project so I am glad to finally get started on it

      Delete
  2. They look great! Finding many of the figures from this range is increasingly difficult, yet some like the Italian Allies seem to always be available, at a discount even.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAT did another run of a number of the sets a couple of years ago, but they are difficult to get for some codes. Triarii seem particularly scarce but I fortunately have all I need.

      Delete